Wednesday, December 25, 2019

CHRISTMAS - 2019


This was the most low-key Christmas our family has ever had, which is saying a lot because we always keep Christmas pretty simple. I loved it. I think the other Ws could have handled more activity, and we'll definitely ramp things up again next year, but this was exactly what I needed this time around. I'm so thankful the fam was willing to roll with it!

I told everyone a couple weeks ago that I wasn't going to carry the bulk of the Christmas responsibilities this year (they always help with everything, but I didn't even want to be in charge of all the thinking), didn't feel up to hosting an open house, and wanted to keep things mellow and fun.

Check, check, and check.

Tim made sure we had food to eat (including homemade cinnamon rolls), we didn't invite people for an open house, and we had a peaceful day exchanging gifts, playing games, reading books, talking about the birth of Jesus, doing jigsaw and word/number puzzles, listening to Christmas music, eating treats and regular food, trying a variety of sparkling cider flavors, going to our first Christmas Day movie with a cinema gift card we received earlier in the day, and hanging out with Gabi, one of the bonus Ws.

Perfect!

No comments: