I really needed to take care of some responsibilities yesterday, but I also really needed to get outside. I mentioned a hike and Silas encouraged the idea, which I appreciated because I had a bunch of practical reasons to opt out. Off to Champoeg the kids and I went!
I wanted some positive time with them, so we had a low-key stroll down a trail we'd never taken before.
I also wanted a brisk walk that the little Ws weren't interested in, so they all tossed frisbees and footballs, did various stunts, and just hung out together while I headed alone to go down a trail we've taken lots of times. I always love pausing at this viewpoint. So pretty and peaceful!
It was cold, but the time to move our bodies, get fresh air, and enjoy the beauty of this place we live was exactly what we needed. And the most important tasks on my list of things to do still got done. Perfect!



No comments:
Post a Comment