Saturday, January 19, 2019

TYLER HAD AN IDEA

My sister is in the process of releasing a series of prints and cards with an Oregon theme, which are awesome. Tyler, having seen sneak previews and public photos on social media, got caught up in the fun and kept telling me about an Oregon design he thought she should do using an Oregon O. I explained that using the Ducks' O wouldn't go with the type of designs she was doing. He kept insisting. I kept explaining.

Then one day he realized where our communication breakdown was happening. He wasn't talking about the Oregon O, but an Oregon O.

Gotcha.

He sketched his idea and messaged it to her that evening. 


She told him she liked the idea and that she might draw it for him. The next morning he asked if he could check the mail. He frequently checks it, so it wasn't an unusual request, but he was acting strangely and I asked what was going on. It turns out he was pretty sure her drawing would be in the mail for him less than 24 hours later. Apparently he missed the fact she didn't promise to draw it and doesn't grasp the mail timeline. So funny!

A couple days later he got a message with a picture of her rendition of his idea. He was thrilled! She told me she'd drop it in the mail, but I didn't tell him. 

Today we were all outside and, thinking it might arrive today, I asked him to check the mail. He went through the stack of envelopes, naming who things were from and to, then gasped and started bouncing around. I snapped a picture of his crazy smile of excitement, blurry because he couldn't hold still.


His design came to life!!


She even added the idea to the envelope, which he thought was cool.


This boy of mine is giddy, so stinkin' excited that his Aunt Beep took his idea and created something for him with it.