Saturday, January 5, 2019

1/5/19 - WORTH REPEATING

*****

I hope you live a life you're proud of. If you find that you are not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again.

~ F. Scott Fitzgerald


*****

If I didn't know what it hurt like to be broken / Then how would I know what it feels like to be whole / If I didn't know what it cuts like to be rejected / Then I wouldn't know the joy of coming home

Maybe it's ok if I'm not ok / Cause the one who holds the world is holding onto me / Maybe it's alright if I'm not alright / Cause the one who holds the stars is holding my whole life

If I didn't know what it looked like to be dirty / Then I wouldn't know what it feels like to be clean / If all of my shame hadn't drove me to hide in the shadows / Then I wouldn't know the beauty of being free

~ We Are Messengers in Maybe It's Ok


*****

Your most important work is rarely the easiest work. In fact, just the opposite is more true. Your most meaningful and significant work will be the hardest for you to accomplish.

Those who focus on the reasons they can't will forever remain paralyzed by their pessimism.

But those who focus on the reasons they can, find hope and energy and perseverance. And in the end, they are most satisfied with the life they have chosen to live.

~ Joshua Becker in Focus on the Reasons You Can at Becoming Minimalist


*****

There's a sun coming up / In my soul, Lord, in my soul

~ Crowder in My Beloved on Neon Steeple


*****

No one has ever choked to death from swallowing his pride.

~ Keep Your Mouth Shut in Our Daily Bread


*****

** This post contains affiliate links and I'm grateful when people use them. **

No comments: