Friday, January 18, 2019

MY NEW MUG


Last week I found a dollar hidden on my nightstand. Tyler had snuck it there with a very specific purpose in mind.

A few days earlier I'd heard a crash in the kitchen and discovered that he'd accidentally knocked one of my mugs off the counter while getting something out of a cabinet. We cleaned up the mess together, he apologized, and we went on with our day.

He went in my room later to hide money from his giving budget so I could head to Dollar Tree and buy myself a replacement mug. How sweet and responsible is that?!

I went and picked out a new mug on Wednesday, choosing one that reminds me of ocean colors I love so much, then filled it up hot tea to enjoy yesterday.

Parenting is brutal sometimes, in both the ongoing struggles of the daily grind everyone knows about and the big things we hold close. But sometimes it's beautiful, seemingly small moments that represent much more important things. My new mug is one of those beautiful parts of parenting for me.

No comments: