Friday, April 13, 2018

I'M GOING!


I've mentioned to people over the last few months that I wasn't going to Pampered Chef's National Conference this summer. I wanted to go and knew I'd love it, but I'm zeroed in on my #BracesOnFaces goal and didn't feel like it was wise to pay for that trip when the money could go towards braces.

Tim leans a little toward saying yes to every fun opportunity and I lean a little toward saying no to all of them, so in an ideal world I reign him in a bit and he pushes me a little. Upon hearing about the conference, he said I should go, but I stood my ground.

Then I remembered when he pushed me to do something fun a few months ago that I felt was irresponsible. It turns out he was right and I was glad I'd taken his advice, even though I was uncomfortable with it on the front end.

Then I realized I was going to be moving to another level of leadership in my business, which has since happened. It wasn't something I sought out, but I really want to lead well now that I'm in that position. I know the training I'd receive at the conference would be really helpful.

So I'm going.

The registration itself is free, paid for with some of my Pampered Chef Dollars, which is company credit I've earned on top of my paychecks. The rest will be written off as a business expense, an investment in my efforts to pay cash for all the braces our family needs.

I confess I'm still torn on whether it's the best choice or not, but I'm also really excited and trust I'll come home grateful that I went.

1 comment:

Desiree said...

It sounds like a great opportunity.