Monday, April 2, 2018

HUMBLED & GRATEFUL


Just a few days shy of the seven month mark in my Pampered Chef business, I sit here with so much gratitude for the experience. We need braces in our home, lots of braces, and Pampered Chef was a somewhat unlikely means to that end, an opportunity worth trying. I knew I wouldn't dislike it, but it turns out that I absolutely love it. I wasn't sure if it would be successful, but it has been.

I simply wanted to run a business from home, opting to do a job I could schedule around the rest of my life, and save up cash to pay for one set of braces each year. The first set was fully funded after just six months. A few totally unexpected and amazingly generous gifts pushed that accomplishment forward faster than expected, but my Pampered Chef income, one I chose to earn through virtual parties instead of live ones, was already ahead of schedule. That's humbling and I want to serve my customers well.

I had no ambition to build a team of other consultants, but was approached about fast-tracking to some advancement within Pampered Chef during my first month. It was a reasonable discussion to have, given that a couple people had already asked to join my team, but I explained that I didn't want to actively pursue business growth in that way. If a team grew naturally by people approaching me about trying a business of their own, that was fine, but otherwise I was just going to keep doing my parties and let the chips fall where they may. That boundary has been held by me and respected by everyone else. Today I'm not only a member of a team that's phenomenally supportive of each other, but I'm also directing a team of five other gals who are a steady source of encouragement and advice for one another, regardless of personal goals and business activity. That's humbling and I want to lead well.

As I've said repeatedly, I have no idea what the future holds for my Pampered Chef business, but I'm excited about what it's been so far. I haven't said anything publicly about the various business milestones I've reached along the way, but I recently hit another one and am so humbled by how things have worked out. I'm thankful, so very thankful, for each person who has supported my quest to meet the need of #BracesOnFaces in our family, whether through words of encouragement, business transactions, or sending people in search of Pampered Chef help my way.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

No comments: