Tuesday, June 20, 2017

OUR MARRIAGE HAS REACHED LEGAL ADULTHOOD

Yesterday was our 18th anniversary. Although we always acknowledge the day, we don't always make a point to celebrate. Sometimes that's because June is busy for our family and time just gets away from us. Other years it's because we're broker than broke and can't pinch a single penny to do anything special. And other times it's because "for better or worse" has found us in a season of worse and we just don't have the desire to fake happy simply because it's June 19th. 

But some years we do celebrate. Like this year. We hadn't made any plans in advance, but Tim sent me a text mid-morning asking if I'd like to go to dinner. He had a gift card burning a hole in his pocket, so I told the little Ws what was on our family menu for the night and had them make it, then Tim and I headed to Red Lobster. It was a low-key outing, a couple hours to eat for free and chat without having to parent. Perfect.


I was chatting with Beep during our Skyble study when I got home and she challenged me to celebrate our anniversary in some way every year, no matter what. She's right. Challenge accepted.

No comments: