Teebs asked for his first funky haircut last year. It was just a mohawk, which I count as funky because it's not a traditional haircut, but is so common that it doesn't really seem funky to me. A couple weeks later he decided to get rid of all his hair, which is another funky, but not really, haircut. He's been growing it out ever since, but has been asking for a truly funky haircut off and on for the last couple months. I told him I was willing to do it, but we keep forgetting or he asks at inopportune times. We finally decided to get it done yesterday.
I was pretty sure I knew what he was asking for, but his wording changed a little each time he explained it. I needed to make sure I understood before the clippers got turned on, so I asked him to draw a picture. I was expecting his head with the haircut he wanted. I got this instead.
In case you didn't recognize me, I'm on the left. Evidently I've had a haircut and a growth spurt. He's the one with the funky haircut and gigantic eyes. He even included the bag the clippers go in and the black clippers, which he kept calling "the shaver". So funny!
We marked the lines and pulled hair out of the way.
Then we started shaving. His hair was pretty puffy when we took the rubber bands out, which made him crack up and ask for a picture.
His remaining hair was so long that it flopped over and covered most of the shaved area, so we trimmed it down by about half and ended up with this.
I don't know what drives the little Ws to want and come up with funky or extreme haircuts, particularly from about 5-9 years old, but they sure have fun with it!





No comments:
Post a Comment