Here's the third of four posts with summer pictures. In addition to this mix, we also have pictures taken during the first half of August from a church campout and Naomi's birthday celebration.
Naomi taught Teebs how to play Set.
Devon taught Naomi some paracord skills.
Dad came to town, which we knew was happening, and he brought Makiah, which only Tim and I knew was happening.
Dad with three of his dozen grandkids.
Devon lost, literally hands down, in an arm wrestling match with Papa.
Papa and Devon played some word games together, as is their custom.
One night, Dad, Devon, and I were chatting in the living room. Tim and Silas were gone and the other kids were in bed. Suddenly we heard a voice filling the air and realized Teebs was talking through the vent in his room. He was calling out "Papa" and was oblivious to the fact everyone in the whole house could hear him. It was so funny! Dad spoke back to him through a living room vent.
I tried to catch him in the act, but he bounced into bed when he heard me coming.
I told him to go back to what he was doing and he played dumb. I told him to go the vent and he asked me how I knew he'd been there. Oh, little man, you're not as sneaky as you think you are.
Naomi and Makiah got out of bed to join in the fun. By this time he was making ghost noises. It was a riot. Seriously funny.
Dad and I posed at Naomi's party.
Naomi and Makiah made bracelets with embroidery thread.
I showed them how to pin them to your clothes and ended up making my first friendship bracelet in about 30 years.
The Bruces snuggled for a movie.
The kids introduced Papa to "Ain't Nobody Got Time For That".
Then Dad tried to get Teebs to sing the song with him, but all Teebs could do was laugh at Papa.
Makiah and Naomi had me take some pictures of them before they went down for the night.
I took Naomi and Teebs to OMSI for a couple hours one day and they pretended to be astronauts.
A branch snapped off one of our trees, so Devon sawed it off.
Some friends came over to visit one afternoon.
























No comments:
Post a Comment