Last week found me spending hours in the kitchen beyond regular cooking. I processed tons of peaches that we spontaneously picked one morning, made up some seasoning blends, and got a few things in the freezer for later. This week won't involve any advanced cooking, at least I don't think it will, but I am going to be trying out a few new recipes.
NEW RECIPES
* corn & cotija cheese dip - I love dipping blue tortilla chips into this stuff!
ADVANCED COOKING (These aren't always planned, so they'll often be things I did the previous week.)
* I whipped up a batch of onion soup mix for a new recipe I popped in the freezer.
* I blanched, peeled, sliced, and froze about 55 lbs. of peaches for smoothies or whatever will float our boat later and put two peach pie fillings in the freezer.
* We'll make peanut butter and crockpot beans, just like we do once or twice every week.
BREAKFASTS
* egg & veggie scramble
* doughnuts at church
* oatmeal with brown sugar, cinnamon, milk, homemade peanut butter, maple almond butter, raisins, dried cranberries, fresh or frozen fruit, huh-koe-pee milk, and/or energy mix as optional toppings x5
* new recipe/rice/crockpot beans
* coconut chicken soup
* lentils & rice
* new recipe
* corn & bean salad/cornbread (from the freezer)
* tacos - seasoned meat from the freezer, crockpot beans, and some other toppings served in a tortilla or bowl, as a salad over a pile of greens, or with mound of rice
* leftovers
SNACKS & DESSERTS
* new recipe
* produce
* popcorn with seasoned salt (kernels from the WinCo bulk department that get popped in my Lodge Dutch oven, but you can see my thoughts on both the wonderful Dutch oven and the fantastic West Bend Stir Crazy in this post. )
* new recipe
* produce
* popcorn with seasoned salt (kernels from the WinCo bulk department that get popped in my Lodge Dutch oven, but you can see my thoughts on both the wonderful Dutch oven and the fantastic West Bend Stir Crazy in this post. )
** This post contains affiliate links and we're grateful when people use them. **
No comments:
Post a Comment