Thursday, August 20, 2015

MENU: 8/20/15 - 8/26/15

I didn't end up trying the new breakfast recipe I'd planned for last week. It just keeps getting bumped for other things. Oh well.

ADVANCED COOKING (These aren't always planned, so they'll often be things I did the previous week.)
* I made seasoned salt and taco seasoning last week.
* I'm going to make homemade Italian sausage with this seasoning mix, which I need to get blended up, then have one of the kids make and freeze the sauce for Italian sausage with bowties.
* We'll make peanut butter and crockpot beans, just like we do once or twice every week.

BREAKFASTS
* new recipe
* doughnuts at church
* oatmeal with brown sugar, cinnamon, milk, homemade peanut butter, maple almond butter, raisins, dried cranberries, fresh or frozen fruit, huh-koe-pee milk, and/or energy mix as optional toppings x5

DINNERS
* coconut chicken (crockpot, from the freezer)/rice/bok choy with garlic & ginger
lentils & rice
* chipotle sweet potato nachos (sweet potato base from the freezer, experimenting with mozzarella instead of cheddar because there's a bunch in the freezer)
* new recipe/black bean dip/broccoli pesto/crackers/veggies
buffalo slaw/rice (skipped last week because a friend came over and made BLTs)
* tacos - seasoned meat from the freezer, crockpot beans, and some other toppings served in a tortilla or bowl, as a salad over a pile of greens, or with mound of rice
* leftovers

SNACKS & DESSERTS
carrot pie
* produce
* popcorn with seasoned salt (kernels from the WinCo bulk department that get popped in my Lodge Dutch oven, but you can see my thoughts on both the wonderful Dutch oven and the fantastic West Bend Stir Crazy in this post)


** This post contains affiliate links and we're grateful when people use them. ** 

No comments: