Friday, June 12, 2015

BREAKFAST WITH KIT

Kit and I have sat next to each other every time we're at church for several years now.  She always gives us gum before our pastor starts teaching. She made one of my favorite blankets (it's actually a prayer shawl) that I love to wrap up in. She's on the short list of people who we give the scoop to when the challenges of marriage, parenting, or the rest of life need to be talked about, but are too personal to be put out for public consumption. She's written notes of encouragement to me, given thoughtful gifts to the little Ws, and saves seats for us at church when she gets there before we do. I'm thankful for her. 

I was thankful for her before she took me out to breakfast yesterday, but it was certainly a fringe benefit of our friendship. We never spend time together outside of church and it was nice to have a couple hours to chat about life and eat good food.


As a sidenote, we discovered a while back that we also lived in the same small dorm in college ... just a few decades apart from each other. It's like we were meant to be friends or something. 


2 comments:

Abby said...

I remember Kit!! Will you tell her hi?

Bethany said...

Absolutely, Abby! :)