Saturday, June 20, 2015

GIRL (PLUS TEEBS) TIME

Beth lives a few hours away and has let me know several times over the last couple of years that her door is always open in case I ever need to just get away. A trip to her house hasn't worked out, but she gave me a heads up a while ago that she was going to be in my neck of the woods this weekend. Tim and the bigs are off fishing, so Teebs and I met her for breakfast first thing this morning. We spent 2 1/2 hours eating, chatting, walking around, and watching people sail remote-controlled boats. I love spending time with her, so it was such a great way to start the day! We took a quick picture before we parted ways just to prove that we actually hung out together.


Pam had contacted me a couple days ago to see if we could connect, so I let her know I was going to be closer to her house than usual when I was done with Beth. She met Teebs and I at a park and we spent 2 1/2 hours catching up on life. I'm so grateful for her decades-long friendship!

Not only did I get a bunch of time with two ladies I love today, but I also snagged a needed picture frame from an awesome yard sale a family from church was having, chatted with another family from church who was out in their yard as we left the yard sale, had a kid from church who was at the park with his family spend a big chunk of time pushing Teebs on the swing, and picked up bargain flip flops at Old Navy for a couple little Ws who needed them.

As I mentioned on Facebook the other day, I've been having a hard time lately, so this day has been exactly what I needed. 
 

No comments: