Thursday, October 16, 2014

MENU: 10/16/14 - 10/22/14

I had a major recipe flop last week. My goal was something like shortcake - lemon-thyme biscuits topped with heated, crushed raspberries (like a sauce). The biscuits weren't that great, plus I forgot to sweeten the raspberries and they were bitter. Bummer. In other news, I tried two new recipes that turned out well.

* whole wheat apple pancakes - Tiffany linked this old recipe in a recent post and we had a little applesauce to use up, so I spontaneously busted out a double batch for breakfast yesterday.

* beef stew - This was the first stew I'd ever made and it turned out great!

ADVANCED COOKING (These aren't always planned, so they'll often be things I did the previous week.)
* I processed and froze 10 lb. of kale last Friday.

BREAKFASTS
* doughnuts at church
* oatmeal with brown sugar, cinnamon, milk, peanut butter, maple almond butter, raisins, dried cranberries, fresh or frozen fruit, huh-koe-pee milk, and/or energy mix as optional toppings x5
DINNERS
* leftovers
* tacos - seasoned meat, crockpot beans from the freezer, and some other toppings served in a tortilla, bowl, as a salad over a pile of greens, or with mound of rice
lentils & rice
* pizza (Dad's treat)
* sesame honey chicken (crockpot)/rice/frozen green beans
* Lebanese red lentil soup/toast
* egg & potato scramble (we ended up having leftovers twice last week, once because I was processing kale, so this got bumped)


SNACKS & DESSERTS
* produce, including some lemon garlic cukes
* popcorn (kernels from the Winco bulk department that get popped in my Lodge Dutch oven)
* banana spice cookies (part for us, part for a ladies' cookie potluck I'm hosting)


(This post contains affiliate links.)

No comments: