Friday, October 10, 2014

BAUMAN'S WITH FRIENDS

Our homeschooling group went to Bauman's, a popular pumpkin patch about five minutes away, yesterday morning. We've lived in town for three years and in the metro area that people drive from to visit for nine years, but have never been there because the little Ws always opt for other farms that we enjoy when we go with my dad each year. We hadn't planned on going, which would have been fine, but someone offered to pay our way. We accepted their offer, marked the calendar, and have been looking forward to it ever since.

We almost didn't make it anyway, thanks to someone misplacing my keys, which made for a very tense and teary fifteen minutes or so. I even called someone to come by and pick up the confirmation papers that the group needed, but the keys were found as my friend was pulling out of our driveway. Whew!

Needless to say, I was a bit frazzled as I collected money at the start (I hate being late or rushed and am always early), but another friend jumped in with an extra pair of hands to help and we were all soon on our way. The kids and I ended up having a great time!

I asked our tour leader if I was allowed to go down the slide with Teebs and she said it was fine. It wasn't until I reached the top of the big staircase that I saw a sign saying you can't double up. I opted to go with what she told me instead of what the sign said, assuming she was bending the rules because he's little, and headed down with him.


Silas came up with a system to get kids rotating through a particular toy on the playground in a quick and fair way.

Devon had fun hiding in, pushing, rolling in, and climbing the various toys and structures in the playground.


Naomi took a break from hanging with the group and asked me to teeter totter with her.


We struck a pose together at the end of our tour, proof that we'd been there and come home with goodies.


I'm thankful for the generosity that allowed us to attend, the fun we had (and doughnuts we ate, of course), and the neat group of families we've had the privilege of getting to know over the last couple of years in the group.

3 comments:

Deana said...

So fun! I love the apple cider donuts.

Desiree said...

Awesome fun day! Glad to have spent it with you.

Bethany said...

Deana - They were good! :)

Desiree - Super fun!