Sunday, September 14, 2014

UNDERWEAR, ROUND FOUR

Teebs is about three months shy of three years old, which is about the same ages the bigs were when we started working on getting them out of diapers. He already used the toilet for pooping, but not for peeing. That means I had to run by Target on Friday night and buy two things. Underwear and Tic Tacs. Yes, I'm going to bribe him. No bribes for the big boys in rounds one and two, Smarties (we had some leftover from something) for Naomi, and now I'm paying for Tic Tacs for Teebs. I think I'm getting lazier with each kid.

The deal is that he gets a Tic Tac every time he tell us he has to use the bathroom. He was super excited about the Tic Tacs and had fun opening the underwear package, but was hesitant to actually put them on. I told him he could have one Tic Tac just for putting on a pair and he quickly complied, then proceeded to use the bathroom four or five times in less than an hour. The boy loves Tic Tacs!

We tried underwear on Saturday, but he had two accidents in the morning and the rest of the day was sorta crazy. We put him back in a diaper for the afternoon, kept him in one today because of church and other outings, but will try again tomorrow. We'll see how it goes.

Here are a couple pictures of him after I got back from the store on Friday. I love how he's showing off his new duds and rewards in the first one, but I love his smile in the second. Cute kid!



No comments: