Saturday, September 20, 2014

OUR IMAGINARY KIDS

I've been purging some totes filled with various memorabilia and came across these pictures. They were an activity at one of the baby showers I had when I was pregnant with Silas, a small group of family and close friends who lived in another town. The group split into into pairs and each pair was given an 8x10 photo of my face and of one of Tim's. We all had to take those pictures and mix them together to predict what the little Ws would look like. Here's what happened.

Karen and Marnie, two friends of mine, predicted Tim's hair.


Linda and Monica, my MIL and SIL, zeroed in on my love of food. (Oops, just realized the blonde eyebrow got loose and went over to the black eyebrow side.)


I somehow managed to make our black and white baby look Asian.


Monica, a friend who organized the game, took the "mixed baby" thing down to one black ear and one white ear.


Tiffany and Sonja, two friends who hosted the shower, let the baby have my head hair and Tim's facial hair.


Linda and Amy, my psuedo-MIL and SIL, gave the baby some truly mixed hair.


Oh, I love these pictures! Aren't they funny?! I think this was one of the best baby shower activities I've ever participated in ... and I've been to countless baby showers.

I showed them to the little Ws yesterday and they were all cracking up. Needless to say, these won't be getting tossed any time soon.

3 comments:

Kristal said...

Those are hilarious pictures! What great memories.

Desiree said...

Those are great, my favorite is the one with facial hair.

Bethany said...

Aren't they fun? :)