Recipe links are in green, in case you're interested in trying some of these foods.
ADVANCED COOKING
* cracked wheat & honey bread - I realized one day that someone had taken the last loaf from our Franz stash in the freezer without telling me, so I made some of this bread two days ago - one loaf that got added to an improvised dinner and one for sandwiches at lunch. I'll make some more in the next few days for sandwiches.
* no-knead bread - I made one loaf just for fun and we ate it over two meals, then made another loaf yesterday for some of the dinners in this menu.
* peanut butter - I make at least one batch a week from peanuts I buy in Winco's bulk department.
* spinach - I had a part of a big bag from Costco that was wasn't rotten, but was getting past its prime. I chopped it all up and popped it in the freezer for adding to scrambled eggs and smoothies.
* crockpot beans - I make one or two batches of this pinto/black bean combo each week and freeze some of the beans.
* garbanazos - I made up a crockpot full of beans, made green hummus with some, then froze the rest for later use.
* pumpkin puree - We picked five pumpkins from a friend's garden, so I'm roasting, pureeing, and freezing them. I usually stock up on canned pumpkin for the year when it's on sale during the holiday season, but this time I'll have a stockpile in my freezer instead.
BREAKFASTS
* doughnuts (we have these at church, though we always have some dry roasted almonds, fruit, and/or cottage cheese at home or on the road first)
* oatmeal with brown sugar, cinnamon, milk, peanut butter, maple almond butter, raisins, dried cranberries, fresh or frozen fruit, huh-koe-pee milk, and/or energy mix as optional toppings/fruit & spinach smoothies x5
DINNERS
* leftovers
* tacos - seasoned meat, crockpot beans from the freezer, and some other toppings served in a tortilla, bowl, or over a pile of greens
* rice, kale (summer harvest from the freezer), and eggs
* BLT salad/toasted no-knead bread
* super simple carrot soup/ricotta & apricot toast made with no-knead bread
* six layer casserole (crockpot)/balsamic roasted brussels sprouts
* sesame noodles/roasted broccoli
SNACKS & DESSERTS
* rice, kale (summer harvest from the freezer), and eggs
* BLT salad/toasted no-knead bread
* super simple carrot soup/ricotta & apricot toast made with no-knead bread
* six layer casserole (crockpot)/balsamic roasted brussels sprouts
* sesame noodles/roasted broccoli
SNACKS & DESSERTS
* produce
No comments:
Post a Comment