Thursday, May 8, 2014

MENU: 5/8/14 - 5/14/14

I have one fantastic recipe to share with you, then I'll post our next menu.

* maple almond butter - We make our own almond butter pretty regularly, but I knew I had to try this when Shari posted it on Facebook a while back. It's delicious! We'll still make plain almond butter most of the time, but this is a tasty way to kick it up a notch.

BREAKFASTS
* doughnuts (we have these at church, though we usually have some dry roasted almondsfruit, and/or cottage cheese at home or on the road first)
* oatmeal with brown sugar, cinnamon, milk, raisins, dried cranberries, fruit, huh-koe-pee milk, and/or energy mix as optional toppings
     - yogurt, fruit, & spinach smoothies x2
     - cottage cheese & fruit x1
* egg, potato, & spinach scramble x2
* almond coconut granola

SCHOOL DAY LUNCHES
* meat & cheese sandwich on English muffin/carrots/yellow bell pepper
crockpot beans (from the freezer) & rice/tomatoes/olives
* quesadillas/black bean dip (from the freezer)/orange bell pepper
* pb&j/cukes/apples
* poppyseed and banana muffins/orange bell peppers/pistachios/

DINNERS
* leftovers
SNACKS & DESSERTS
* produce
* nuts - pistachios & dry roasted almonds
* popcorn (kernels from the Winco bulk department & a West Bend Stir Crazy to pop them in)
* apple pie (homemade filling from a friend and a homemade crust) with vanilla ice cream

(This post contains affiliate links.)

No comments: