Wednesday, May 14, 2014

FAQ & SOME BIG NEWS FROM SILAS

* Are you going to homeschool everyone next year? Are you sending kids out for school again? What's your school plan for next year? 

The short answer is that I don't know yet. Naomi will definitely stay home. Silas will probably stay home. I'm undecided on what to do with Devon. Sending him out this year was definitely the right choice and it's been a good year. His school is K-5, which means he could stay one more year. We've signed our intent to return in order to keep our options open.

Sometimes I think this year has been great and we should have him stay for the last year he's eligible to be there. Sometimes I think this year has been great and we should have everyone back home next year. As with any choice, there are pros and cons no matter what we choose. The good news is that we have plenty of time to decide. If we keep him home, then we already have all the curriculum we need and his spot will quickly be filled by someone on the wait list. If we send him out for another year, then his spot is being held and he'll be under the direction of great educators for nine months.

* Are you going to have more kids? Are you done having kids? How many kids do you guys want or plan on having?

There's been a recent surge of people asking about the number of little Ws. I'm not sure why, other than maybe because Teebs is moving out of toddler-ness and into little kid-ness. I'm not offended by them, but those are questions I'll never ask anyone and my answer is usually that time will tell or that I'm not currently pregnant. If any little W joins our family through any method at any point in the future, then you'll know as soon as we do. I take other people's secrets to the grave, but I don't keep little Ws a secret for any length of time.

* Any news on the job front? Does Tim have any job prospects? Has Tim had any interviews? No news, in this situation, means no news. I'm an open book about the job hunt, so I promise that if there is anything to tell, then you'll hear about it. And the moment he gets a job I'll proclaim the news so loudly you'll probably be able to hear me at your own home ... with the doors closed ... and the music blasting ... and earplugs in ... while a train goes by. Not that I'll be excited or anything.  Meanwhile, I'm so thankful for everyone who has helped us in practical ways, encouraged us when it feels overwhelmingly hopeless, and let us know about job possibilities we may not have been aware of over the last two years.

Thus concludes the answers to questions I've been asked a lot in the last couple of months.

In other news, Silas has a big announcement that you can read about at Simply Silas.

3 comments:

Kristal said...

I love your laid back attitude about so many things. I know your life can be stressful and we all have our freak out times, but you keep it together and don't get offended by questions.

Continuing to pray for a job....

Desiree said...

I was wondering about the school thing too, and the job, but not the baby thing. I agree, I don't ask people that question. I hate being asked that question for personal reasons. Thanks for sharing about your schooling. I still don't have a great vision of next year either.

Bethany said...

Kristal - Thanks for the prayers. :)

Desiree - Hopefully we'll both figure next year out sooner than later! :)