The Truth-Teller's Tale, by Sharon Shinn
This is book two in a trilogy I started last month. It's the story of mirror twins, one a safe-keeper and the other a truth-teller, their friend Roelynn, and some guests who stay at the inn the twins' family runs.
Calico Joe, by John Grisham
People we admire, conflicts in our families, broken dreams, and baseball.
The Dream-Maker's Magic, by Sharon Shinn
The third book in Sharon Shinn's trilogy. It's the story of a young girl, raised as a boy, and her friendship with a smart and crippled boy she meets at school. This trilogy does not need to be read in order.
Multiple books by Saxton Freymann
I love Freymann's books and sometimes just check out a stack to read, just for kicks.
Wreck the Halls, by Jen Yates
I recently discovered Yates had put out a second book, then saw it on Amazon for $1.98. I rarely buy books, but it's nice to have a couple sitting around that make me laugh, so I snagged a copy. Her site and first book crack me up, so I had high expectations for this one. It just wasn't as funny, though. I only chuckled a couple times. Oh well. It was only two bucks.
Make Lemonade, by Virginia Euwer Wolff
This book was on the library's discard shelves and I read it in an hour or two. I don't remember exactly how long it took, but it was a quick read while the little Ws were napping. It's the fictional story of a 14 year old girl who takes a job babysitting the two young children of a 17 year old mother. I wasn't sure if I'd be annoyed by the fact it's written in free verse, but I loved the book.
No comments:
Post a Comment