Let's kick this post off with some new recipes we tried over the last few weeks, then I'll tell you what we're wrapping the month up with.
steak salad - I bought some pork steaks on clearance a while back and tossed them in the freezer. We're not "eat a slab of meat" kind of people and I wasn't sure what to do with them. I found a recipe for steak salad somewhere, but it seems I failed to bookmark the site and I can't find it anywhere. Guess I can't give credit where it's due. Oops. Anyway, this was a tasty salad.
dried beans - This isn't really a recipe, but it's the base for a gazillion other recipes. I've made a combo of seasoned black and pinto beans in the crockpot for several years, but never thought to cook all my dried beans in it. Kinda ridiculous when you consider I pre-cook and freeze all our beans and they never turn out right on the stove. So thankful a friend thought to branch out from the black and pinto beans after she tried them!
honey curried crockpot chickpeas - Easy peasy and tastes good.
green hummus - Maryanne uses this in grilled cheese sandwiches. It's a great way to get some extra protein and iron!
cream of celery soup - I wanted to use up my freezer stash of celery hearts and leaves, so I found this recipe and made it for lunch one day. Loved it!
* fruit & doughnuts x2
* oatmeal with brown sugar, cinnamon, milk, raisins, hot cereal syrup, and energy mix as optional toppings x7
* leftover oatmeal pancakes
* baked oatmeal (prepped the previous night)
* cranberry granola
* egg & potato scramble
* leftovers x2
* tacos x2
* Greek chicken (barbecue, raw chicken and marinade from the freezer)/rice/peas & corn
* broccoli pesto with pasta/green salad
* salmon chowder (Tim's catch)/whole wheat biscuits
* Papa Murphy's (Silas' birthday request)
* quinoa patties/fruit & nut green salad #2
* black bean & rice burritos/green salad
* brown rice & lentil salad/toast
* Ranchero onion burgers (barbecue)/fries/carrots
* steak salad/whole wheat biscuits
SNACKS & DESSERTS
* celery & rosemary white bean dip
* cranberry sour cream cake
* Girl Scout cookies