It's June!!! Wowzers! We tried a few new recipes on the last menu and a couple of them were keepers.
brown rice lentil salad - This had a bite to it when I served it, but toned down a lot when I had leftovers the next day.
crockpot ziti - Pasta, multiple cheeses, spinach, and a crockpot. What's not to love? Some may find it a little bland as is, but it's easily perked up with pepperjack, crushed red pepper, or your favorite seasonings.
And now for what we'll be eating in the next couple weeks.
* fruit & doughnuts x3
* oatmeal with brown sugar, cinnamon, milk, raisins, hot cereal syrup, and energy mix as optional toppings x9
* leftover oatmeal pancakes (from the freezer)
* baked oatmeal (prepped the previous night)
* Alton Brown's granola
* egg & potato scramble (potatoes are baked and refrigerated in advance)
* bright day banana muffins
* leftovers x3
* tacos x2
* lentils & rice/fruit & nut green salad
* chicken salad sandwiches/carrots
* steak salad/sourdough bread
* baked potatoes/pineapple rings/apple slices/strawberries (Silas planned and will prepare this meal)
* bean & rice burritos/carrots
* green hummus grilled cheese sandwiches/salad
* rosemary potatoes/turkey & black bean salad
* fries/fruit salad/kettle chips (Devon's request for his birthday dinner)
* new recipe (it was a flop)
* garlic chicken with more garlic (crockpot)/cracked wheat & rice pilaf/peas & corn
* rice cooker mac & cheese/fruit & nut green salad
* honey curried chickpeas (crockpot)/rice/green salad
SNACKS & DESSERTS
* celery & rosemary white bean dip
* carrots & black bean dip (make extra & freeze it)
* oatmeal cookies
* birthday cake & ice cream
* carrot pie & whipped cream