Thursday, February 10, 2011

MY MOM'S BIRTHDAY

Today would have been my mom's 58th birthday, so the timing of a package I received in the mail yesterday was kinda cool.

Do you remember my post from last month about someone converting my mom's memorial service from cassette tape to a CD and MP3 disc? Well, my dad took the MP3 and added a slideshow of pictures of my mom to it. He started with pictures of her as a child and went in chronological order through her life, with the most recent pictures showing as the audio of the memorial service ends. How cool of a surprise is that?!

I've tried loading the movie to this post, but it seems to be too big. My dad broke it down into five segments (the entire service is an hour long) and put them on YouTube, so I'm going to post those links here for anyone who is interested. I'll also include how long each segment is, what time span of pictures and which part of the service are included.

#1 - 12:01 Pictures from 1953-ish - 1973-ish. Service includes speaking by Pastor David Shankle and congregational singing led by Harold Keech. Pianists for the service were Nancy Myer and Michelle Ostendorf.

#2 - 13:33 Pictures from 1973-ish - 1976. Service includes speaking by Pastor Shankle, sharing & singing by Rick Stevens, sharing by Kathy Ward

#3 - 11:54 Pictures from 1976 - 1981. Service includes sharing by Judy Zelmer Smith, Sandi Heitz, John Dean.

#4 - 13:26 Pictures from 1981 - 1984-ish. Service includes sharing by Shirley Rettke and Faye Jurisich, singing by Dona (Shankle) Hamilton.

#5 - 12:55 Pictures from 1985-ish - 1991. Service includes sharing by Pastor Shankle, congregational singing led by Harold Keech.

UPDATE: A few years after this post Youtube changed the rules about how long a video could be, so Dad posted a new link that contains the whole service and all the pictures for those who want to do it all at once.

1 comment:

Pam Carter said...

Wow, what a great tribute to your mom! I loved the pictures! I can see her in all three of you kids. And I can see her expressions in all 3 of your kids as well. Little things in all of you that remind me of her, her smile, her hair,her laugh, her words. She really does live on, not just in her eternal home but in the lives of her family. She loved all of you very much and she would have really enjoyed all of her grandchildren. She would have been a wonderful grandma. Since your posts about her memorial service lately, I've been missing her once again but I'm so thankful for the friendship I share with you. Bethany, you and your wisdom, your smile, your laugh, fill the gap in missing my friend Barbara. My thanks to your dad for putting this together, what a gift he has given you, Belinda and Ben.Thanks for sharing it with all of us. Love you.