There's something in my life that's really frustrating. However, there's nothing I can do to change the situation, so I just grin and bear it. Evidently I wasn't bearing it as well as I thought I was. The proverbial last straw came falling down and broke this camel's back last night. Oh my. It was ugly!
At first I was upset and trying not to take it out on my family. I just told them I was grumpy about something and that I was trying not to flip my lid. A little while later I could feel the pressure mounting. My blood was boiling. I ticked off. Super ticked!
I walked into our room to try and pull myself together. I stood in the middle of my room, staring out the window and taking deep breaths. Then Tim came in and closed the door, then just stood there. Without warning, I let loose. It started as calmly voicing my frustration, then I got louder and more angry. Then words came spewing from my mouth that aren't part of my normal conversation. I sounded like a stereotypical truck driver or sailor. It was bad!! Eventually the profane tirade morphed into me bursting into tears. Sobbing and ranting is a lovely combination, let me tell you.
Tim was perfect. He never said a word. Not one. He didn't tell me I was over-reacting. He didn't say my feelings were justified. He didn't suggest ways of dealing with the situation. He didn't tell me I had a foul mouth. He just stood there and listened. After I started sobbing hysterically he just wrapped his arms around me and let me cry and rant. Silently. Eventually all that sobbing caused me to get a runny nose, so I broke free to take care of that. Then I was fine and Tim went to clean up the dinner mess.
The crying was a great physical release. The venting, though it should have been ... uh ... more G-rated, was a great emotional release. I guess I was due for a full-blown meltdown. Tim, on the other hand, wasn't due for any of the drama, but he dealt with it like a champ.
We did talk about the situation later in the evening, when I was feeling a little more rational, and I'll be fine. The situation will remain frustrating, but such is life. I may, however, need to have a mini-vent session with Tim occasionally to spare him from another huge meltdown.
3 comments:
I'm so glad I'm not the only one that has meltdowns and an understanding husband!
: ) LOVE YOU.
WOW! What an awesome husband!!! He gets GREAT husband points!!!
Post a Comment