Friday, February 4, 2011

FANTASTIC FRIDAY

Earlier this week I told the kids that I'd take them out today if they got all their work done early. Well, they didn't get it all done, but it was close enough and we'll make up the rest over the weekend.

This morning we ate breakfast and hit the road. I-5 South, to be exact. First stop was Tim's school. I'm a little embarrassed to admit that we haven't visited there in a couple years. It's just too far away. Anyway, we popped in for about 30 minutes, just long enough for the kids to score candy from two different staff members.

Second stop was A.C. Gilbert Discovery Village, a free outing with our OMSI membership. We'd gone a couple years ago, but Naomi was only 18 months old that time and this trip was obviously more fun for her than the last. We intentionally went on a dry day so that we could spend the majority of our time outside on the play structure they have. Heidi, a friend from the Sonlight forums, showed up for about an hour. Despite living fairly close to each other and frequent Portland-ish meetups, we'd never met until today. I loved chatting with her and am thankful she squeezed a meetup into her day!

Random moment of the day was that the one mom I talked to, out of a gazillion that were there, lives in Wilsonville and is neighbors with the family who currently has our piano. Love those "small world" moments.

We headed east next, spending a couple hours at Toni's house. All our offspring entertained themselves, well ... her four entertained my three, while she and I sat on the couch chatting. Love that girl and always happy when I get a chance to hang out with her!

Then we hit the road toward home. Tim left work about the same time we left Toni's and we met up on the freeway. What are the odds we'd find each other in the beginning of rush hour traffic on a Friday? The kids thought that was pretty cool.

Quick and easy dinner of rice cooker mac & cheese and some apples left from lunch when we got home, followed by the little Ws watching a library movie while I blog. Tim just left to work a game and will be gone for several hours ... and my nappers, who missed naps during today's activities, will go to bed early ... and my non-napper is probably going to get sent to bed with them ... which leaves me with an evening to myself at the end of a fun, but very busy, day. I'd call that a fantastic Friday, wouldn't you?
.
.
Heidi & I



Nomes-a-licious



Dev-o-rama



Siley Boy



The little Ws in a huge chair at the Gilbert House.

No comments: