Ok, so we decided on our anniversary in June to get back in the routine of monthly dates. July? Success. August? Failure. September? Success. October. Success, but barely. I just realized the other day that the month is about over and we haven't had a date yet. So, I posted a request on Facebook for someone to hang with the offspring tonight and we were able to go out for a couple hours.
Tim walked the kids over to Neil and Jasmine's, friends who happen to live a stone's throw away, then we took off. Dinner at Moe's (first time for both of us) with a BOGO burrito coupon and their evening burrito prices meant dinner for two for less than $6.00. I left with a content stomach.
Then we went to Target and wandered aimlessly. It was nice to just browse without the kiddos, though they're good in the store. We even got to check out some Christmas ornaments they had out. Love Christmas stuff! Scoped out some options for the kids' annual ornaments. We ended up leaving with a new pair of slippers for each of us, navy for Tim and turquoise for me, paid for with a gift card. Random, but fun.
Next was a quick stop at Divine (Tim's first time, my second) for some frozen yogurt. I've been craving their pumpkin yogurt since I took Granny there a few weeks ago, but I also loved the sample of caramel green apple (friendly sidenote to Divine - it's caramel, not carmel) I tried tonight. So, I did half pumpkin and half caramel green apple. Glorious fall flavors!! So good! Bonus that Rachel was working. I left with an overly full stomach.
And that was that.
For the record, November's date is already on the calendar. I'm really glad we're getting back in the habit of monthly dates. They're simple and inexpensive, but still fun and a nice chance to hang out together as something other than parents.
3 comments:
I'm glad you had a lovely time. I wasn't so diligent about dates when our kids were little. You are smart to get that going now :)
I so need to do this with my hubby. I need friends that will watch my kids. Although my parents would help out too. We even have TWO gift cards to two different restaurants.
Kristal - Are there any families you could swap childcare with? We do that with another family once and it works well. We just take each other's kids for three hours after church.
Post a Comment