Friday, October 8, 2010

LOVELY

That's the kind of day I had.

8:00 am - Tim, who had the day off, took the boys to the church for a grade school event.
8:30 am - Picked up Granny and we delivered a Moffit Box to LBC. Ended up getting a reduced shipping price, which I appreciated, and a certificate for a free money transfer, which I gave to the other customer who was there.
10:30 am - Headed to Northwest College for a five dollar haircut and had fun chatting with the lady who cut my hair.
12:30 pm - Tim and I took Naomi to Cold Stone and spent some gift card money on ice cream. 1:30 pm - Crawled into bed with a book.
2:00 pm - I fell into a light sleep, the kind where you still hear what's going on outside, but you're not fully awake.
3:00 pm - Woke up to the sound of an ice cream truck and did a few things around the house.
4:00 pm - Tim left and I picked up the boys at church.
5:00 pm - Scrambled eggs for dinner. A little spontaneous and random, but it's what we all wanted.
6:00 pm - Baked a double batch of banana bread, one for tomorrow's breakfast and one for the freezer. House smells great!
6:30 pm - Put away the dishes Tim had washed earlier and cleaned the ones from this evening.
7:00 pm - Early bedtimes for the totally exhausted offspring and I'm enjoying a silent evening - in jammies, getting online every few minutes, reading a book, and eating a bunch of popcorn.


Tomorrow's agenda? Stay in jammies, don't leave the house, watch movies with the kids, tackle a little craft project (shocking, huh?), build forts out of boxes and blankets, read books, and have Asian lettuce wraps (salad style) for dinner. I think it will be two good days in a row!

1 comment:

Kristal said...

That sounds like a great day. I need a quiet day at home so badly. I got an hour today... it was supposed to be two, but the church meeting wasn't as long... darn.