Roses are red
Pumpkins are not
When I woke this morning
My body was hot
A stick in my mouth
Soon told me why
In triple digits
My temperature was high
I didn't eat breakfast
Which is incredibly rare
Had no appetite
Despite delicious fare
Cancelled a class
I was supposed to teach
My feverish germs
To students shouldn't reach
But the biggest proof
That my health is gone
Is that I asked Tim
To mow the lawn
Oh, how I love
That household chore
After our move
It won't exist anymore
Letting him do it
Is a pretty big sign
That my poor body
Is not feeling fine
Maps off the wall
And sandwiches made
That's all I could do
Til I felt energy fade
Read "I Spy" with Naomi
Watched a flick on the couch
All in all
Been a total slouch
I'm hoping by bedtime
That the fever is done
My temp shouldn't start
With one-oh-one
3 comments:
You crack me up!! I was laughing reading your poem, though how you feel is no laughing matter. I hope you get better soon! You can always come mow my lawn anytime you want to. : ) I won't look for you tomorrow, and I don't think I'll be there anyway since my little Logan Berry has a cold.
You are hilarious! I love this poem; nice work. Oh yeah, and I hope you feel better soon. :-)
Roses are red
A Tylenol fix
Should lower your temp to
Nine tea ate point six
Post a Comment