Tuesday, April 6, 2010

A WORTHY CAUSE

Cheri is a good friend of mine who is adopting soon. Really soon. In fact, the phone could ring any day with a referral. Needless to say, their family is pretty excited. In the midst of their excitement they're also trying to raise the rest of the money they need to bring their daughter home. That amount, which was already high, was recently raised even more when the Ethiopian courts decided to have adoptive parents come once to meet the child, then again to bring the child home. That's a lot of unexpected, extra travel expenses!

Why am I telling you this? I'm so glad you asked. You see, Bob (that would be Cheri's husband) and Cheri are putting together an online auction fundraiser. Knowing that I have crafty, creative, & resourceful friends and blog readers, I asked if I could put a call out for donors. They obviously gave their approval.

So, I'm asking you to help Bob & Cheri bring their daughter home. Here are some ideas - items (jewelry, sewn items, paintings, collectible items, etc), services (massage, haircuts, photography session, housekeeping - they live in the Portland/Hood River area, so services in that area would be great, as a large portion of their circle of friends, family, & potential auction customers live there), entertainment (tickets to professional sporting events, symphonies, weekends at a beach house, etc), or the classic car in mint condition that's taking up space in your garage. Anything (well, anything that people would be willing to pay for) goes!!

You can live anywhere in the country to participate and will arrange the details with the highest bidder through the auction website. If you're interested (and you should be!), then let me know in the comment section or e-mail me at (with spaces removed) bethanyandtim @ yahoo .com and I'll put you in touch with Cheri.

If you'd like to read more about Bob & Cheri's adoption journey, then head over to their website, Bringing Love Home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Posted on her blog that I might be able to help! Thanks for letting us know

Peg said...

Hey Honey! I'd love to donate something from my shop to help out. How about a shawl or a soaker? Tell me what I need to do.

I'm so excited for them!

ICL,
Peg