Monday, April 12, 2010

A GREAT HUSBAND & THREE AWESOME LADIES

Saturday morning I woke up with a fever. It lasted all day. Sunday morning the fever was still there. Again, it lasted all day. Thankfully, Tim was home both of those days. He was basically a single parent for two days in a row, as I sat on the couch fighting chills and aching all over. I'm sure it's not how he'd hoped to spend his weekend, but he pulled his weight and mine without complaint. A great husband.

Today I woke up with a fever. Day three with a temperature in the triple digits. Tim went to work and I accepted that today would be about survival. I wasn't going to worry about my dirty house or getting all of our school done for the day. We'd just do what we could.

Well, about 9:30 this morning I got a phone call from Mary Lou. She announced that she was bringing dinner over. Not only did she do that, but she also brought me a carton of really yummy juice that I don't have to share with anyone. An awesome lady.

About an hour later I got an e-mail from Brianne. She was asking me to choose between two types of brownies for her to bake for us. I made my selection and she walked over with Rowen this afternoon to deliver them. An awesome lady.

Another hour later I saw my grandma pull into the driveway. She came to the door with a ton of KFC for our lunch. I didn't have to use any brain power thinking of what to serve for lunch or any energy preparing it. An awesome lady.

Before I go, I'll leave you with this little bit of good news. My temperature has been in the mid-101s since Saturday morning, except for when it shoots to the mid-102s in the evening. Some nurse friends of mine told me that an adult can go three days with a fever before they need to call a doctor. This is my third day and since lunchtime my temp has stayed below 101. In fact, it's been in the low 100s. I still don't feel great, but that one degree has made me feel a little less miserable. Maybe, just maybe, it will drop the rest of the way before tomorrow morning!

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

How wonderful for your gifts!!

And, I am praying your fever breaks tonight.

:hug:

The Hayes Zoo said...

Sometimes angels are bearing brownies and other types of food. Glad they were there for you!!!

The Boggs Family said...

Way to go Grandma, Mary Lou, and Brianne!! I didn't know that Brianne lived that close to you! Did you choose the cream cheese brownies?!!

Awesome that your fever has dropped!!

The Boehme (pronounced Bay-me) family said...

Wow, a triple blessing on a day when it was much needed! Hope you continue to feel better quickly and it doesn't make you feel behind on the move!

The Moffits said...

Could it be that the only way to get Bethany still long enough to be blessed by others was to pin her to the couch with a fever?? Brownies AND KFC? Dang, I want a fever.

Sometimes it takes a fever to be reminded how much God loves us.

And I love you too.

Anonymous said...

You have an awesome dh and friends! Hope that you are feeling better!