Saturday, May 16, 2009

JUST SHOOTIN' THE BREEZE

I desperately need to go take a shower, but I figured I'd enjoy the silence while everyone is napping and do a little blogging instead.

Big Sale - Little heads up that Value Village is having one of their 50% off days on Memorial Day! It's a perfect time to stock up on clothes for your kiddos. As it's a thrift store, you never know what they'll have in stock, but you can always buy for upcoming seasons if they don't have what you need for right now.

Celebrity Week - This has been a high profile week on the Sonlight forums. The first woman announced that her husband has been nominated for an Emmy. They are the couple who wrote a song that was influenced by Silas' drowning and I met her at the BFM last year. The second woman announced that her brother's wedding is going to be featured on TLC. Her daughter is the flower girl and the forum folks are the ones who helped pick her dress. The third woman announced that her son landed a lead role in an upcoming Rob Reiner film. She's shared the whole Hollywood adventure with us from his first scouting event to his first Wal-Mart commercial to this latest job. I met most of their family (the two adult daughters weren't there) at the BFM too. What a fun week!

Summer Basketball - Tim officiates for the Portland Basketball Officials Association during the regular basketball season. However, he also works some tournaments during the summer. His first summer games are tonight. How did it get to be the middle of May so quickly?!

Yard Sale - As I was mowing our honkin' lawn today I had a random thought. Our yard is perfect for a multi-family yard sale. Perfect, I tell ya!! Lots of space, corner lot, close to 217, 26, Cedar Hills Blvd and Walker Rd, blah, blah, blah. Of course, I'm such a purger of things we don't use, I don't think I could come up with enough stuff to justify having my own yard sale. But if local readers wanted to use our yard for one big sale, then we'd be happy to host it!! And if that's a lame idea, then that's ok too.

Hair - I always get my hair cut at NorthWest College in Aloha. It's a beauty school and haircuts are $9.00. At least that's how much they used to be. When I went in today they only charged me $5.00! The girl said they've dropped their prices. What a pleasant surprise!! So, if you're looking for a bargain haircut, then drop by one of their campuses around the Portland area. They also offer other cosmetology services.

Nightstand & Lumber - I scored a free nightstand yesterday!! It's pretty cute, though I can't decide if I want to refinish or paint it. We'll see. The house that was getting rid of it also had a pile of lumber to get rid of, so Tim let the boys take all the pieces that didn't have nails. They're stoked about all their new wood and will come up with some creative projects for it.

Swimming - Speaking of the boys, they are halfway through their first swimming lessons and are having fun with it.

Well, I better go remove the smell of cut grass from my body and then clean my house. Enjoy the rest of your Saturday!!

3 comments:

Marion Acres said...

We are planning to have a GSale when we are ready to move with lots of stuff since we are moving into a much smaller home. I also have a ton of stuff from my Grandmas house to sell.. the only thing is, it might be too much trouble to pack it all up, drive it over, unload it, arrange it, etc.. but maybe not if we sell a lot more because of location.. hm.. I'll mention it to John and let ya know. ;)

Anonymous said...

Wow! I haven't been on the forums at all lately. I'll have to pop in and check things out. Sounds like lots of exciting news.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.