Monday, May 25, 2009

A GOOD WEEKEND

The last three days have been fabulous. Not terribly exciting, but still really nice. I was overdue for a few consecutive great days. Down time, busy time, and lots of hours spent outside.

It all started on Friday night when I mowed the lawn. I love mowing the lawn! I think God gave us the perfect rental when we ended up with one that has so much grass.

Saturday morning Tim dropped Silas off at The Shed for a day on the river, which I'll post pics of as soon as they make it to the grade school blog. Then he headed to the Happels to help them move while I hung out with Naomi and Devon. When he came home the four of us were taken out to lunch by Granny. Full tummies and no cooking or cleanup. Lovely! The afternoon and evening were spent puttering around the house.

Sunday morning was church, then we had lunch with the Mathias. And I got to hold Lucy. She's pretty cute! Kids napped and then we went to Sunday Night Celebration.

Then today rolled around. I rolled out of bed at 7:30 and was in the garden by 7:35. I didn't come in until 2:45. Oh, that is my dream day!! Pulling weeds, planting seeds, turning compost. It just doesn't get much better than that. Plus, Tim scored some major "good husband" points by taking the kids to the Nature Park for a while. I love my breaks that involve me leaving the house to do something alone, but I also love getting left home alone to work uninterrupted while all the offspring go somewhere else. I got some time alone with Naomi in the afternoon while the men of the house all took off to play baseball, then headed back outside to water the garden and go for a family walk after dinner. Wrapped up the day with a scalding hot shower. I'm about to crawl into bed with a book and some Samoas, then go to sleep at a reasonable hour.

I'm content.

Back to real life, which includes launching our final three weeks of the school year, tomorrow.

No comments: