Tuesday, February 3, 2009

WINDING DOWN

Yesterday I had a wonderfully mellow and relaxing second half of the day. In the afternoon I was treated to a free massage by a friend at the Massage Envy around the corner from our house. I've had two massages in my life, both when I was 7-8 months preggo and separated by five years, so this was a real treat!

After my massage I headed home to whip up dinner. Tim took the kids to the park, so the house was quiet while I made a meal that was intentionally easy to make. I must confess it was just about the least nutritious meal I've prepared in a while - chili dogs (with canned chili, to add in some extra preservatives) and frozen fries. No produce of any kind (and no, fries don't count, even though they come from potatoes). Occasionally convenience and relaxation trumps nutritious, well-balanced meals.

After dinner I headed out to visit with Pam for a couple hours over a steaming cup of hot chocolate. We chatted and laughed, all while I was in the sweats & flip flops I'd worn to my massage. Occasionally comfort trumps wearing socially appropriate attire (otherwise known as looking like you didn't just roll out of bed).

When I came home the kitchen was cleaned, my kids were konked out, and Tim was reading in bed. So, I took a scalding hot shower, then hit the sack.

Calm. Relaxed. Happy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a glorious day to me! Including the non-nutritious food.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Did we laugh! I laughed on the way home, told Ron some of the things we laughed about and still chuckled this morning! I'm glad you had such a good day yesterday and I'm humbled to have shared in it. Thank you!

Kelly said...

Bethany, you had a great day!

I left you a blog award on my Life with Boys blog. If you'd like to participate in that, great. If not, just ignore me ;)

The Moffits said...

Just the hot chocolate with Pam would've made it a perfect day. But, man add in the massage and clean kitchen...beautiful.

Thanks for being thankful, just like complaining, it's contagious!

Marion Acres said...

I feel relaxed just reading about it. I'm so glad that you got a well deserved break. :)