Saturday, February 14, 2009

8:40

That's what time I tucked Silas into bed. I realize that may not seem worthy of blogging about since his bedtime is 8:00. Big deal, right?

Well, let me clarify one little detail. His bedtime is 8:00pm and I tucked him in at 8:40am, about twenty minutes ago. Our six year old stayed up all night!! He was up for nearly 26 hours straight!

The grade school group at church had an all-nighter at Safari Sam's last night. Most kids, including Silas, brought sleeping bags and pillows, as many kids end up crashing at some point. Evidently our son didn't want to miss out on any of the fun and managed to keep his eyes open all. night. long.

Needless to say, he was asleep the moment his head hit his pillow. We'll wake him this afternoon for our family Valentines party and dinner, then it's back to bed for the party animal.

3 comments:

perkyguy said...

Awesome! Good for Silas!

Ashley said...

Wow! I'm surprised that there was an all-nighter for kids that young. I'm glad that he had so much fun!

Jessica Rae said...

Yeah, Chase tried to convince me (with extra wide open bloodshot eyes and everything) that he wasn't the least bit tired Saturday. We made him take a nap around 1pm and he slept for four hours-quite a nap for someone who wasn't the least bit tired! Such a point of pride for 10 year-olds to stay up as many hours in a row as possible apparently.
And by his reaction to the mandatory nap you would've thought we were punishing him. :)