This is our week off of school for the month. Generally our week off is spent with me catching up on stuff around the house and just playing. I decided a few weeks ago, a bit after last months trip to the zoo with friends during our off week, that I should plan an official "outing" during those weeks off. So, I called the library and reserved a cultural pass.
The pass we had was good for five people, so Becky came along with the kids and I. We drove down to Salem and spent a few hours at the A.C. Gilbert Discovery Village. Silas had gone there a couple years ago with a friend and Tim, but it was the first visit for the rest of us. Everyone had a good time. Unfortunately the batteries to the camera died and we didn't get a single picture of our time there. Next time I'll be sure to have freshly charged ones!!
Then we zipped down the road a few miles and popped in to see Tim at work. One of the big, honkin' bummers about him working so far away is that we never get to visit him at work. It stinks, but such is life. Anyway, the kids were showered with candy upon entering the building, given copies of a photo of Tim wearing a pirate's hat, then adorned with necklaces for Mardi Gras. Tim moved to a different building a few weeks ago, so this was our first visit at the new spot.
The last stop of the day was at Dairy Queen, where we scarfed a variety of frozen treats. Then we headed home, ate dinner a while later, then all the kiddos went to bed super early. It was a fun day!
6 comments:
Hey Bethany, did you get the cultural pass for the CM in Salem?? My kids have never been to that one, and it looks like fun. Will you email me with the info? And, how you liked it?? Thanks!
I love your life.
It sounds like a great day! I used to love days like that when my kids were little. Glad you had fun.
Wow, that sounded like a lot of fun! I've never heard of a "cultural pass" before, so I clicked the link to check it out. It seems like a great program!
that DOES sound like a fun day!
Mmmmm Dairy Queen sounds so good! Too bad about the camera but hope you had fun!
Daisy
Post a Comment