Saturday, February 21, 2009

MONEY WELL SPENT

Remember when I ate an entire box of Samoas earlier in the month? Well, those were a gift from a friend who had a stash in her freezer, but they made me realize how often I miss Girl Scout cookie sales. I knew we were within a month or two of cookie time, so I hopped online to find out when and where I could buy them in my neighborhood.

Now, Girl Scout cookies are ridiculously expensive. Truly wonderful, but definitely spendy. I just didn't have the money to justify buying overpriced cookies. So, what's a girl to do? It just so happens that our tax refund recently arrived. Almost all of it is going to responsible things like hospital bills and curriculum, but I figured we could live on the edge and spend some on Girl Scout cookies. I'm considering it an investment in our mental health.

Want to know what I got? Two boxes of Samoas for me. Two boxes of Tagalongs for Tim. And one box of Samoas for ....

Well, I'll tell you later what the other box is for.

Since I know you'll need something to occupy your time while you wait with great anticipation to see what the final box of Samoas is for, I'll send you right here to find out when and where you can buy Girl Scout cookies in your area.

7 comments:

Jacki R. said...

Very good choices indeed! We have those same two kinds pre-ordered from my niece :) I was a Girl Scout and I figure the money is going to a worthwhile cause!

perkyguy said...

I already know who the other box of Samoas is for. And it's okay with me if you donate my box to the worthy cause of your choice.

Ashley said...

I want to know who the other box is for! Actually, you said "what" the box is for...are you using them in some recipe or something?

Missus Wookie said...

I'd click on the link but know that there won't be anywhere near me :sigh: Managed it one year from another SL mom who lived on a base and brought them to a retreat...

Makes them even more expensive tho'!

Enjoy them for me please :)

Anonymous said...

Oh who is the box for? I love those cookies. I'll be dreaming of them now...

Jessica Rae said...

I wish I had known about this site earlier then I wouldn't have had to drive around town like a mad woman looking for a card table with little girls in uniform behind it at every shopping plaza in town! That or asked every kid Chase has ever played with if they had a sister and if she was a girl scout and if she wasn't, did she have any friends who were and for crying out loud when were the cookies getting here anyway because NO, I don't want to pre-order!!! I want them NOW!!!
By the way there a girl scout who lives a mere two blocks from my house and I showed up on her porch with my check book the day the cookies arrived at her house. Samoas, Samoas, Samoas-oh how I need Some mo' o' those Somoas! See how inspiring they are? That was just down right poetic!!

mideastmom said...

I saw on the news that cookie sales are down severely this year. Just think of it as a charitable donation.

I e-mailed my mom to see if she could help me make a donation, too (and have them ready and waiting for me when we arrive in the US).