Tuesday, March 25, 2008

A PERFECT EVENING

Three children tucked into bed.
One husband off shooting hoops with other carriers of testosterone.
One large chunk of time to play online.
One long, scalding hot shower for myself.
One pair of comfy jammies.
One book, just checked out from the library.
One dish of Apple Pie A La Coldstone (french vanilla ice cream, cinnamon, graham cracker pie crust, apple pie filling, and caramel).

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds fantastic!! Especially the Coldstone!!

Unknown said...

what a fabulous recipe for piece of mind!! Hope the night went beautifully! :)

Wendy said...

Hi Bethany,

Where does one play online when there is no Sonlight?

Love-

Wendy

Jessica Rae said...

Um, thanks I think I just gained weight reading about that dessert...that or it was the giant bowl of brownie, vanilla ice cream, chopped toasted hazelnuts, fresh strawberries and chocolate syrup I myself ate last night!

AshlandFive said...

Oh girl...you are now talking my language! I am so down for the ice cream in jammies! Hope you got a refresher. :)

BETHANY said...

Becky - If I ever feel super generous with ice cream, then I'd share it with Brandon. He'd have loved it. But he shouldn't hold his breath waiting for me to feel generous with ice cream.

Bri - It was such a relaxing night!

Wendy - Well, I must confess that playing online without the SL crew isn't ideal. But I caught up on some e-mail, did some blog ring surfing, and it sufficed.

Jess - There is no way my ice cream could have made you gain weight. It has apples in it. So it's a fruit, completely fat free. Duh.

Laura - Maybe we'll have to show up in jammies tomorrow night. :)

Laura said...

You know that question people always ask...."If you could take 5 things to a deserted island, what would they be?"

I would take a GIANT supply of ice cream and a freezer of course. And assume the island has electricity. Hey, the Lost island does... or at least some serious generators.

I think I could be sustained for the rest of my days on ice cream. I may get some serious digestive issues but happiness always prevails over gas, right :)