Friday, July 23, 2021

HONEY SAMPLING

I stopped by Misty Meadows on my way back from Brookings on Saturday. I'd driven by many times before, but had never been in the store. It's a cool place! I bought a variety of items, including five different flavored honey sticks from a company I failed whose name I failed to make note of. Tonight, as part of Family Fun Friday, we did some honey sampling. Aren't the sticks pretty with the sun shining through them?


Each of us got a little bit of each flavor - root beer, blackberry, lemon, mango, and jalapeno.


Honey isn't the only thing I bought, though. We're now stocked up on a variety of condiments (and some chocolate for me). 


Misty Meadows (Bandon, OR)
* bleu cheese pecan balsamic vinaigrette
* chipotle lime grill marinade
* tayberry jam
* blackberry bbq sauce

Pistol River Mushroom Farm Inc. (Pistol River, OR) -
* mushroom cajun seasoning

Homemade by Dorothy (Boise, ID) -
* huckleberry lemon curd
* lemon curd

Big Daddy Mac's (Port Orford, OR) -
* everything sauce

Cape Cod Cranberry Candy (West Wareham, MA) -
* cranberry bog frogs
Sidenote: There are cranberry bogs in Bandon, so someone local needs to start making these!


I can't wait to try everything! 

No comments: