Saturday, June 5, 2021

CELEBRATING STEPHANIE

Toni and I were among a group of people invited to celebrate Stephanie's birthday today. I'm so glad we were able to be part of a time set aside to honor this woman who loves God and loves people. It works out well that the Portland-ish and Seattle-ish sections of our larger group of friends live close enough for occasional day trips like this one. So fun!
 

Not only did we get to spend the afternoon visiting with Stephanie and meeting some of her other friends, but Toni and I spent several hours chatting while we traveled. We always carpool during our annual New Year's Day gathering with friends, but that didn't happen this year because of C19 and we were way overdue for some time together. We caught a glimpse of the sun setting over the Columbia River on our way home. Isn't it pretty?


We also had this situation, which was less pretty and more stressful. 


But we survived, never got stranded, and found it funny once we had a tank full of gas again. Memorable day, for sure!

No comments: