Friday, January 29, 2021

MARSHMALLOWS, PAN DULCE, & GAMES

Our whole family was home for Family Fun Friday this week, so we decided to try out some gourmet marshmallows we recently received. We were given a gift certificate to Mountain Mallow, a small business in Colorado that makes loaded marshmallows, at Christmas, which we supplemented with some cash of our own in order to try all four of their flavors - toasted s'mores, triple chocolate, cookies & cream, and chocolate strawberry. We tried each of the flavors two ways, room temp and toasted. Of course, I had to have everyone strike a pose before we took our first bites.


Silas and Tyler acted tough while they roasted some over a burner. 


Tim and I smiled while roasting some over a candle we happened to have burning. 


Devon and Naomi followed Silas and Tyler's lead by looking tough over a burner.


There were mixed reviews on the marshmallows and it was fun to do something totally random. My favorite flavor was either toasted s'mores or cookies & cream. 

Next up? Monopoly. Otherwise known as Monotony. I joke about it being boring, but have to admit my first time playing the version with a speed die made it more interesting. 


Then I negotiated for a game that required less thinking, along with eating some more sugar. Ridiculous, I know, but we'd planned on getting Miranda's before I knew we'd all be home for marshmallow sampling and I'd have been in trouble with the fam if I'd backed out. And, no, we didn't eat all that. It's been several months since we've been in there, maybe since lockdowns last March, so it was hard for Naomi and I to decide what to get. We just got a bunch, cut them up as we always do so people can have more variety, and will eat the leftovers later.


Final game of the night was What Do You Meme? Family Edition, an easy one that's new to us.


So much food. So much laughter. So thankful for a few hours to have fun with my family.


** This post contains affiliate links and I'm grateful when people use them. **

No comments: