Tuesday, January 26, 2021

FIRST SNOW OF THE SEASON

We haven't had any snow yet this year, so it was a fun surprise for the white stuff forecasted to fall a little north of us to make its way south. It was a little less than what I consider a perfect amount - enough to look pretty falling, put a thin white layer on everything (I think the perfect amount is enough to fully cover the ground), and allow for some snowballs to be made (a perfect amount lets the kids make snowmen). The slushy stuff finally started sticking.


Devon headed out to make some snowballs and gave them this face when I asked him to look at the camera. It's too bad he's so boring.


His "act like a normal person" pose.


Tyler aimed his first snowball.


I had to leave just after taking pictures, so I'm not sure how big his arsenal got.


He was pretty excited about the snow, eager enough to get outside that he grabbed gloves to wear with his shorts and bare feet. Goofball.


I came back a while later to a white lawn, white picnic table, and snow-laden, white, milestone flowers.
 

We didn't get any more snow and a little of this melted off, but it stayed cold enough that some of the snow is still in the yard several hours later.

No comments: