Saturday, August 22, 2020

SUMMER FUN WITH MY HUDS BUDS

I love, love, love having my Huds buds living close enough to see each other! It was fun to spend a couple days with this awesome crew.


Sometimes kids just need to be wheelbarrows. Right? 



We decided to try double wheelbarrows and it was a total failure. So funny! Also funny? That truck driver in the background was so distracted by our nonsense that he nearly caused a crash. Even funnier? The kids teaming up to turn Aunt Bethany into a wheelbarrow. 


It was time to head inside, so he donned his magnifying goggles to inspect the grass and make sure we'd picked everything up.


I love being Aunt Bethany to Ella and Garrett. Sometimes it means wearing princess stickers and firefighter hats at the same time. 

Garrett made this bird, named it after me, then gave it to  me. Please note the tailfeathers can sting people. Watch out!


Did you know there's a milk chocolate edition of Candy Land? Neither did I until Sonja busted this thing out! 


Baths. Jams. Fun game. Chocolate. Life doesn't get much better for these two!



Evidently a key component to happy living is to begin the day by bouncing on punch balloons. I mean, look at those smiles!



Garrett and Ella wanted to show me their masks. 



And they wanted to goof off with their masks. 


This little gal's so pretty!


This little guy's so handsome!


A neighbor brought over lollipops for the kids. Score!


Sonja and I have been friends for 25 years this fall. I can't believe it! We hit a rough patch in the early years, but an important woman in our lives intervened and basically walked us through getting things worked out. I'm so grateful for that because this is one of my most treasured friendships all these years later.

Sonja is courageous, works hard, and is good at all things creative and crafty. I can trust her with vulnerable or challenging parts of my life, knowing that she'll neither side with me simply out of loyalty or think less of me (or anyone else who may be involved) for my honesty. She loves the family she came from and the one she created, thinks red is the greatest color, and always manages to find awesome bargains.

I'm so thankful to be Sonja's friend! Spending the weekend with her is fantastic.


I may not be the most girly person on the planet, but Ella doesn't know that. When she asks me to French braid her hair, I'm on it!


When the little Ws were younger (and even sometimes now that they're older), we'd play I Spy while we waited in line. It's a great way to kill time and keep everyone in one spot, so I had this crew play with me while we waited for The Sparrow Bakery to open.


Sonja's told me about ocean rolls before, but she treated me to my first one before we all headed to a park this morning. Delicious!


Reading a book before naps.


Ella and I accidentally fell asleep on the couch yesterday as we read our own books during down time, so Garrett wanted to take a nap with "Aunt Beffany" today. Deal! We hunkered down on opposite ends and he was out in no time flat.


Cuteness!


Our afternoon adventure was visiting The Reptile Zone, a shop I'd noticed when we drove by yesterday. The kids loved it!



Our final stop was to buy flowers for Sonja to make her porch pretty with. Full disclosure - I wanted a picture of my friend doing something for herself, something that isn't about work or parenting. So I made the kids get out of the frame before I took the picture. ðŸ˜‚ The moment wasn't as serene as it looks, but such is life. And her porch looks nice!
 

Such a fun weekend!

No comments: