For the second week in a row, we ditched our normal habit of resting on Sunday afternoons to do something fun. Tim and I were given a gift certificate to Pentacle Theatre in Salem at Christmas, so we went to watch a play.
I absolutely love Pentacle's setting! It's tucked away in a little wooded area, looking more like a lodge to spend the weekend in than somewhere to enjoy performing arts. I'm sure it's gorgeous in both the summer and autumn.
We chose to get tickets for Murder on the Orient Express. It's a well-known mystery that people are familiar with because of the original book by Agatha Christie and subsequent movies, plays, and video game, but neither of us had ever read or watched it.
We stepped out on the deck during intermission to stretch our legs and soak up some January sunshine. Isn't that a pretty view?
Tim didn't look the right direction and I squinted into the sun, but here's picture proof we were there.
We came back in, chatted with the couple sitting next to us (they've been coming for 50 years) until the second act started, and tried solving the mystery before the final scene. Watching a play was a great way to spend an afternoon! We headed off to Chang's Mongolian Grill for a bunch of protein and produce (and perhaps some noodles) to wrap things up, then went back to real life.
Maybe we'll have to head back to Pentacle for Shrek at the end of the year!
** This post contains affiliate links and I'm grateful when people use them. **





No comments:
Post a Comment