TAKING TIME TO BREATHE
Saturday was non-stop, a day filled from start to finish with responsibilities, but I added Al's Garden Center's Evening of Lights to my absurdly long list of things to get done. I love that store and knew making time to do something fun there in the midst of a bunch of work would be a way to put on my oxygen mask. Squeezed it in after some errands, which meant Naomi got to come with me. Chose not to spend any money, but enjoyed half an hour looking at Christmas decorations (in November ... scandalous, I know), eating and drinking various samples, listening to live music, entering a bunch of drawings, and admiring their huge variety of poinsettias during our first time attending this event. I'm so glad I resisted the urge to skip it in the name of responsibility and decided to just relax with my girl for a little bit.
No comments:
Post a Comment