Naomi and Tyler asked to join me on a shopping trip to Bauman's today. In an effort to choose present over perfect, which I generally stink at, I sent them out of the car after we'd already loaded up to leave for home and told them to enjoy the playground for ten minutes. Then I joined them instead of sitting in the car by my tired, grumpy self. It was the right choice. It usually is. And yet I usually aim for perfection instead of presence. So ridiculous.
I'm enjoying some mellow time alone right now, though, while the other Ws who are home watch a movie in another room. Because I need to put on my oxygen mask sometimes so I can choose to be truly present other times. Balance, right?
Just a little playground fun for these two.
We climbed to the top of Bauman's tire tower and tried to take a picture with the view from the top in the background, but the blinding sunshine wasn't cooperative. So we lowered the camera, looked down, and smiled. The goal was just to remember our little outing, so whatever works.
We climbed to the top of Bauman's tire tower and tried to take a picture with the view from the top in the background, but the blinding sunshine wasn't cooperative. So we lowered the camera, looked down, and smiled. The goal was just to remember our little outing, so whatever works.


No comments:
Post a Comment