Knowing that the rain would be gone today, I planned to take the little Ws out for a hike at Silver Falls State Park. We did the Trail of Ten Falls, which is 7.2 miles of beautiful scenery that the kids had never seen before. The weather was perfect and the falls were as wonderful as always. I love the peace and power of the water as you make your way through the park, enjoying a gently flowing creek one moment and then hearing the roar of water crashing onto rocks the next.
We asked someone to take a picture of us just after we got started and they took two, vertical and horizontal.
Then we tackled the seven miles ahead of us, taking some pictures along the way.
Silas took this picture while the rest of us were right about in the center of this picture.
Then he took this one when he caught up to us. Tyler walked most of the way, but he got what I called the short leg discount for some of the time, maybe a total of half a mile.
Silas also took some shots from behind the fall, including this one. I guess an extra picture by him that will make up for the fact that I have less pictures of him than I do of everyone else. Oops.
Some of us were a little more tired and sore by the end of the hike than others, but it was a great way to spend our Friday and I'm glad we went.
No comments:
Post a Comment