Mandi and I have known each other for almost 11 1/2 years, but we've never been able to meet because we live on opposite ends of the country. A couple weeks ago she mentioned on Facebook that she was going to be in my neck of the woods for a conference she was involved with running and we scheduled a tentative time to visit tomorrow. Then she wrote later because as the schedule solidified she realized she probably couldn't get away. Disappointing, but totally understandable. Two days ago the plan changed again and she was able to give a a group of us a couple options for visiting times, one of which I was able to do. Woohoo!
I knew there would be three of us meeting this afternoon - me, Mandi, and Heidi. I'd never met Heidi before, but we have a few mutual friends from different parts of life. She and I recognized each other in the hotel lobby and chatted for a while until Mandi arrived. Mandi joined us shortly, then I saw her smile at someone else who was approaching our group. I turned and saw Sarah, a local friend I've known for nearly 12 years, but don't get to see very often. I knew Sarah and Mandi's worlds had collided a while back, but I had no idea Sarah would be attending the conference. Mandi had given her a heads up that I was popping in for a visit, so the four of us chatted for an hour and a half.
It was wonderful to finally get to visit with Mandi in person! To see Sarah and meet Heidi was just icing on the cake. I'm so glad it worked out!
Speaking of cake, which reminds me of dessert, I had a little time to kill before we all met up. I parked at Creo Chocolate, a local chocolate factory Naomi and I toured with friends a couple years ago, and spent some birthday money on a chocolate macaroon and fancy chocolate bar. The macaroon was enjoyed immediately while I read a book and the bar will be eaten in small doses over a long period of time.
Enjoying a tasty treat and saving one for later, seeing an old friend for the first time and another unexpectedly, plus meeting someone new was a pretty awesome way to spend the afternoon! The kids and I got to spend time with Pam yesterday afternoon and I got to visit with Britt earlier today, so my "girl time" tank is full and I'm grateful.
Photo credit for the group shot: Mandi's friend using Mandi's phone for a picture we could all share


No comments:
Post a Comment