Friday, December 23, 2016

SIBS

The little Ws leave each other out of various activities, flick attitude back and forth, and bicker over ridiculous things just like any other group of people who share a roof and life. However, they also enjoy each other's company more often than not. Over the last several weeks I've tried to snag a camera when I've come across them hanging out together. I haven't caught each instance, but here are some moments of work, play, and instruction I have managed to remember a camera for.  

Playing with our magnetic chess board during breakfast.


Reading library books.


Playing their own version of I Spy with yet another of Joan Steiner's Look-Alikes books.


Having a cabbage cutting lesson.


Looking through a bunch of pictures friends took at the Turkey Bowl, an event I just realized I only posted about on Facebook and never blogged about. Oops.


Playing Uno during breakfast.


Trimming each other's personal Christmas trees together.


Playing Spot It! during breakfast. I hadn't realized how often they play games during breakfast until I started gathering all these pictures a while ago!


Assembling a Lego City 4x4 Off Roader.


Playing Kindle games.


Some days I feel so weary of parenting these four little (and not so little, these days) humans who share my last name, but the pros of these moments, the moments I took the time to notice, far outweigh the cons of the rough days. Sometimes I just need to remind myself of that.

Slightly off-topic, I just did a quick check to see if I had any other blog posts with the same title as this one. This one's title is close. And it's nearly five years old. And it has four cute little Ws in it.


** This post contains affiliate links and we're grateful when people use them. ** 

1 comment:

Desiree said...

That's a great post. What a great idea. I love the games during breakfast idea too.